Company: WalmartLabs & Walmart Brazil | Locations: Sunnyvale, California, US & São Paulo, Brazil | Dates: 2015 to present
- Global product owner for customer service tool launched in the Brazil market, serving as product owner for a scrum team of developers in Brazil.
- Product management for payment, fraud and post-transactional systems as part of an end-to-end e-commerce platform that can be used for cross-border trade in international markets.
- Guided collaboration strategies for internationally distributed development teams and stakeholders, split time between USA and Brazil office locations.
- Certified Agile Product Owner, with experience in Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
View full Work History
Company: Walmart Global eCommerce / Walmart Labs | Location: San Bruno, California | Dates: 2010-2013
After working for several years as a gun-for-hire and as a partner in a small design agency, I made the move over to my first corporate job as an employee. With Walmart, I was able to lead large UX teams on complex project and foster cooperative engagements with product managers, engineers and business leaders in a billion dollar business.
- Developed and executed strategy for e-commerce as user experience team lead.
- Established cross-functional and international relationships to support growth of online channel, hired and mentored talent in international office.
- Led large UX teams, including direction of UX architects, visual designers and content strategists, to create iterative designs, with extensive user testing.
View full Work History
Company: Native Instinct | Location: San Francisco, California | Dates: 2007 – 2010
- Worked with a variety of corporate clients to develop cutting edge, rich-interaction products and demos.
- Developed new design methodologies incorporating iterative, high-fidelity prototyping.
- Served dual role as information architect and technical architect for deploying Drupal, a leading open source content management system.
Clients: Various | Location: San Francisco, California | Dates: 2002 – 2007
- Created fully interactive and integrated Web site use cases, wireframe prototypes and user interface specifications using proprietary tool developed specifically for Web site user interface design.
- Coordinated all aspects of usability testing, including: developing test goals and plans; participant screeners; test scripts and prototypes; test moderation; test results analysis; and heuristic assessment.
Company: Motiva, Inc., | Location: Pleasanton, California | Dates: 2001 – 2002
- Responsible for user interface design of complex enterprise software for calculating variable compensation, recently re-architected for a zero-footprint, Web-based client
- As UI team lead, developed long-term user interface quality and usability testing strategies
- Established user-interface prototyping, documentation and communication methodology and standards
Company: Organic | Location: San Francisco, California | Dates: 2000 – 2004
- Worked as team lead with information architects, designers and writers to develop effective creative concepts based on clients’ and their customers’ needs.
- Delivered projects on time and with creative solutions that exceeded clients’ expectations.
- Coordinated initiative to move the information architecture discipline away from flat file documentation to an interactive, html-based system for screen schematics and annotations that were re-purposed for wireframe testing.
Company: ThinkLink Inc. | Location: San Francisco, California | Dates: 1999 – 2000
- Developed complete documentation system for user interface specifications, including continuously updated product prototypes and descriptions of interface elements across multiple versions of the product
- Served as Director of Product Management, organizing hundreds of product feature requests and assisting company in understanding each request, the impact of each feature on development and prioritizing features for each release based on market research
- Established intranet system for tracking all feature requests, improving inter-department communication and insuring departmental accountability
Company: USWeb/CKS (formerly Ikonic, later marchFIRST) | Locations: San Francisco, California & New York, New York | Dates: 1994 – 1999
- Worked closely with teams to develop user interface design process that included: user profiles; user scenario and use cases; usability testing; site maps and process flows; wireframes and interaction specifications
- Worked with creative director and other interface designers to develop standards for information design documentation and communication and coordinated dissemination and adoption of standards for schematics, prototypes and other documentation
- Led creation of a Web site development, documentation, and Web-site production tool, including graphic and text element tracking, automated HTML creation and bug tracking